Bleach Dynasty RPG Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bored? Want to RP? Come visit TREASURE TOWN !
Want your own scrolling announcement? Buy one! GO HERE FOR MORE INFO
No Signature? No Avatar? Get one now!! CLICKER HERE!!! Free Signature & Avatar for the first 5 Customers!!!

5 posters

For any and all Fans of Full Metal Alchemist

Haji Yukimura
    Haji Yukimura
    Empowered soul

BD-cash : 47185

For any and all Fans of Full Metal Alchemist Empty For any and all Fans of Full Metal Alchemist

Post by Haji Yukimura Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:19 am

As many of you are already aware, there is a new Full Metal Alchemist anime set to debut in Japan on Sunday, April 5th.

As far as I can find, everyone seems to say the same thing, it will be called Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

This time around, the anime will follow the story of the manga, not apart from it like before.

The addition of Brotherhood to the title, was to differentiate it from the previous anime and movie.

It promises to be outstanding!

Do keep this in mind, this is not a sequel or second season of the show; it is a completely different series, so there may be a few things you've seen in the old one that were actually taking from the manga (like the death of Maes Hughes) that will be in it.

Now, the reason for this post is this: It was just announced that Madmen Entertainment, an Australian entertainment group, will be airing a simulcast of the premiere episode, the same time it is aired in Japan.

Having bought these rights, madman Entertainment also intend to post each new episode 2 - 3 days after it airs in Japan on their homepage.

This news was presented in Animenewsnetwork.com and on the home page of Madman Entertainment.
    Loli Gaga
    Loli Gaga
    Vizard
    Vizard

8th Division Oyabun
    Ocho Espada

BD-cash : 80586

For any and all Fans of Full Metal Alchemist Empty Re: For any and all Fans of Full Metal Alchemist

Post by Loli Gaga Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:25 am

NICE, yeah, i'd love seeing that, thanks for the info haji, ima FMA die hard, but how different will it be?

i'm kinda attatched to the old one, so i'm freaking out (plus no sleep and all lolol)
    Haji Yukimura
    Haji Yukimura
    Empowered soul

For any and all Fans of Full Metal Alchemist Empty Re: For any and all Fans of Full Metal Alchemist

Post by Haji Yukimura Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:25 pm

well, to be honest you have to look at it this way;

The old one was done when Arakawa had only finished maybe 20 chapters (it comes out once a month and now there are 93 chapters); so basically, the old one is a completely different story.

The creators drew from outside sources, like Makoto Inoue's novelettes based on FMA for much of it.

(For example, the two part episode known as "The Other Brothers Elric" is not a manga story. it is a book by Makoto called "The Land of Sand" )

Other stuff is just made up. Like for example; failed human transmutations become Homunculous, isn't how arakawa made it; that's just made up.

According to the manga, only the original Homunculous "Father" can produce new ones, and it's cool how he does it. He takes someone who is alive, and force feeds them a Philosophers stone. Keep in mind the stone is made up of humans so it contains 100's or 1000's of souls. The souls of the stone, along with the soul of the person basically fight it out, until one soul emerges as the dominant one, thus a Homunculous is born.

Father is the character that in the old anime was played as a woman named Dante.

You will also see an entirely new country and four people from it. It's called Xing, and it basically represents a likeness to China. Oh yes, and they have their own form of Alchemy in Xing, and it's based around healing, so it is nothing like what the state alchemists use, it's a completely different type, with different rules. But it offers one trick; people of Xing are intune with nature, thus they can spot "Unnatural things" meaning if there is a Homunculous around, they can sense it.

Let's see; oh yeah, and Fuhrer King Bradley is not pride in the manga/new one he is Wrath. Pride is actually Bradley's son Salem, the one he nearly kills in his fight with mustang at the end of the first one. The island kid wrath, never existed in the manga. Other than that, one of the Characters from Xing becomes teh new greed when father kills him, so that will be different.

Oh yes, and my favorite part; Remember Muscles aka Major Armstrong? Well in the manga.new one you get to meet someone who didn't appear in the old one, Brigadier General Armstrong; His older Sister, the commander of the Briggs army in the north. And she is Vicious. Her name is Olivier Mira Armstrong

For any and all Fans of Full Metal Alchemist Olivier+Armstrong

Well, I guess to tell you the truth, it will be completely different. But trust me, I liked the old one too, and if you like it, the manga story will blow you away. It is much more in depth and overall, just a much better story.

if you want to know about any of the new characters you may see, if they do follow the manga, then check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homunculi_of_Fullmetal_Alchemist#State_Military
    Loli Gaga
    Loli Gaga
    Vizard
    Vizard

8th Division Oyabun
    Ocho Espada

Post by Loli Gaga Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:43 pm

WOAH!!!

thanks for the intro, now i cant wait for it..april 5, yeah i'll have to boost my net connection to see it, and maybe i'll read the manga too XD

thanks haji XD
    Haji Yukimura
    Haji Yukimura
    Empowered soul

Post by Haji Yukimura Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:22 am

Anytime my dear!

I would recommend reading the manga, in between paying attention to any new episodes. Everything I told you before is differences, but some do not happen until down the road a bit.

For about the first 12 chapters of the manga, everything is the same as the original anime, only with exception to the fact that Maes Hughes gets murdered by Envy much earlier in the manga.

after i think about chapter 12 - 14 (somewhere around there) the road forks and the manga takes off in a completely different direction.

The point here is don't expect everything to be completely different at first.

Well anywhere, here is the article that I spoke of about the simulcast:

Anime News Network: FMA Brotherhood story
    Haji Yukimura
    Haji Yukimura
    Empowered soul

Post by Haji Yukimura Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:28 am

Alright, well here is a treat for any of you interested, but have not been around or haven't had a chance to check it out already.

Direct from Otaku Center, I give you Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 1 (lol..dramatic I know)

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood Ep. 1
    Ai-sama
    Ai-sama
    Wandering soul

BD-cash : 49366

Post by Ai-sama Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:14 am

*Gasps*

It's actually here?! It's actually finally HERE?!

Thanks for the link, Haji!
    Loli Gaga
    Loli Gaga
    Vizard
    Vizard

8th Division Oyabun
    Ocho Espada

Post by Loli Gaga Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:59 pm

ZOMFG< i hate my stoopid net ><

gaah, i should watch it, haji, will you post every episode link here?

pretty please

-begs and worships-
    Muerte
    Muerte
    Rogue Shinigami
    Rogue Shinigami

BD-cash : 128868

Post by Muerte Wed May 27, 2009 6:21 am

Ok, I have seen all the Full Metal Alchemist episodes, so what is Brotherhood about?
    cool beans
    cool beans
    Empowered soul

BD-cash : 64783

Post by cool beans Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:27 pm

Brotherhood is not a sequel to the original anime its more a closer adaption to the manga than the orignal anime which deviated from the manga around the lab 5 incident i do believe. its got a few more zany bits in but the action sequences are brilliant and so far the series has been moving along a lot quicker than the orignal anime.
    its a really good show worth watching, ooh i've got to watch the latest episode tonight yay! :D

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:05 am