Bleach Dynasty RPG Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bored? Want to RP? Come visit TREASURE TOWN !
Want your own scrolling announcement? Buy one! GO HERE FOR MORE INFO
No Signature? No Avatar? Get one now!! CLICKER HERE!!! Free Signature & Avatar for the first 5 Customers!!!

3 posters

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

cool beans
    cool beans
    Empowered soul

BD-cash : 64780

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood Empty Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

Post by cool beans Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:01 am

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood 2r4ncw3

Anime Title: Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
    Reviewer Name: Cool Beans
    Anime/manga Rating: 5/5
    Creator/Artist:Hiromu Arakawa
    Short Summary: In a world where the practice of alchemy has overtaken science, two brothers attempt to revive their recently deceased mother through the forbidden art of human transmutation. In the process Edward loses his arm and leg, and Al loses his entire body, with only his soul remaining which Edward manages to graft onto a hollow suit of armor. The brothers set out on a quest to find the legendary philosphers stone which they believe will allow them to be able to restore their bodys back to the way they were before. During their travels they learn just how badly the powerful art of alchemy has been abused throughout the world and find themselves pawns in several mysterious figures plans.
    Anime Status: Ongoing/weekly

An opening statement that may be considered blasphemy by many, but i have to say even though we are only 15 episodes into this series at this point of writing; I am loving this series even more than the first one. So far only in japanese however heres hoping that the original dub team come back to do this one as they did a fantastic job with the first series.

Brotherhood is the second remake of Full Metal Alchemist which promises to follow the manga more closley than the first one (ironically enough it started off on a filler episode), and it seems by episode 15 it is finally in its own territory and out of the shadow of the first series. Taking a more comical and action packed route than its predecessor however maintaining the dark gritty underlying themes of the series overall. The action is on a par with the soul eater anime, clear, consice, smoothly drawn and simply really good fun, each and every battle is a delight to watch and leaves you begging for more.

The story has obviously progressed a lot faster than the original series, some events completly skimmed over; (the gold mining town scam chapter in the manga and episode in the first series is only briefly mentioned strangley enough, even though the villian in that makes an appearance later on in the series.) Character development and backstory does not take as much precedent in this series as it did the first one choosing to go straight into story instead, maybe it helps to be familiar with the characters since they seem to be just chucked into the story at times with little more than a "hello my name is Hughes and this is a picture of my daughter" for instance, however in a strange way it works as well.

Amazingly this series is even bloodier and violent than the last one, and all the while the animation is of very high quality however with a new cartoonier look it seems that the comedy elements are rife in this series as well, so much so you wonder whether sometimes they were poorly placed, making quite a serious ailment of an old aqquinatance into a joke was pretty questionable in my opinion, but maybe its for the better as the series doesnt become as mopey and depressing as the first one with Ed and Al bursting into tears every other episode.

Brotherhood is in its own league now and even though you may have a strong feeling of deja vu throughout the begining of the series or you may not appreciate the more cartoony art style do not let that put you off. It will be interesting to see how it develops now it is out of the shadow of its older brother as it were, whether the series maintains its high quality output on most fronts so far has yet to be seen however this reviewer remains optimistic judging on what he's seen so far.
    Regulator Ty
    Regulator Ty
    Wandering soul

BD-cash : 26801

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood Empty Re: Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

Post by Regulator Ty Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:28 am

i kind of like that show. i mean i watched it a few times if it was on tv but i never really got into it
    Reaper137
    Reaper137
    10th Division Captain
    10th Division Captain

BD-cash : 41937

Post by Reaper137 Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:48 am

A FMA THREAD?!!!!! That's my favourite show!!! o_O It's soooo awsome, seriously! Even the english dubbed version is good ... The story is awsome, but I wanted the second series to be a sequel to the first =(
    Regulator Ty
    Regulator Ty
    Wandering soul

Post by Regulator Ty Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:57 am

isnt the secound one supposed to be the sequal
    cool beans
    cool beans
    Empowered soul

Post by cool beans Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:56 pm

nah the only sequel to the original series is the movie conqueror of shamballa which is definatly worth watching

the series i reviewed here isnt a sequel to the original series its an alternative version which follows the manga much more closley storywise and artwise and at the moment this series is really really good and funimation are streaming it weekly on its official website i believe (but its not dubbed yet)
    Regulator Ty
    Regulator Ty
    Wandering soul

Post by Regulator Ty Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:20 pm

oh....
    that makes perfect sence
    Reaper137
    Reaper137
    10th Division Captain
    10th Division Captain

BD-cash : 41937

Post by Reaper137 Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:08 pm

That is because back when the first series was produced, the manga wasn't finished yet, and the proucers couldn't wait for the manga to come out, so they made an own story. Somewhere around 15th ep or something, that's when the series and the manga split road.

2nd series is more based on the Manga, like cool beans said ^-^
    Regulator Ty
    Regulator Ty
    Wandering soul

Post by Regulator Ty Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:10 pm

oh ok now i know thanks for the help
    cool beans
    cool beans
    Empowered soul

Post by cool beans Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:42 pm

all the information is up there in the review... i dont think you read it did you ty? tut tut ^_^
    Regulator Ty
    Regulator Ty
    Wandering soul

Post by Regulator Ty Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:44 pm

whats that supposed to mean i read most of it and then i thought i would ask the author a few questions then to sign my copy.

and you think i didnt ready it
    cool beans
    cool beans
    Empowered soul

Post by cool beans Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:58 pm

well if you had read "most of it" then you would have noticed some little things...
    for instance why i kept calling the show fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, and the i also went into a lot of effort trying to distinguish the differences between the two shows and the opening line of the third paragraph "Brotherhood is the second remake of Full Metal Alchemist" some like MAJOR clues there ;)
    Regulator Ty
    Regulator Ty
    Wandering soul

Post by Regulator Ty Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:07 pm

ya there are alot of clues.
    but hey will you sign my book
    Regulator Ty
    Regulator Ty
    Wandering soul

Post by Regulator Ty Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:12 pm

PPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    cool beans
    cool beans
    Empowered soul

Post by cool beans Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:16 pm

woah woah, ok calm down chap, what book signing wha? im so confused...
    Regulator Ty
    Regulator Ty
    Wandering soul

Post by Regulator Ty Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:19 pm

you wrote that awsome book and i wont your autograph, great job on the report.

you know the one that we have been talking about this entire time.
    cool beans
    cool beans
    Empowered soul

Post by cool beans Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:30 pm

aha i see and im flattered thanks, was only a little review i did there, not exactly a novel, got a few more floating around this site in the reviews section need to do a few more i think if im getting autograph demands now :D

*signs Ty's book* "Now dont go trying to imitate my signature or anything like that there" ^^
    Regulator Ty
    Regulator Ty
    Wandering soul

Post by Regulator Ty Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:31 pm

ill try and thanks. keep up the good work

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:24 am