Bleach Dynasty RPG Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bored? Want to RP? Come visit TREASURE TOWN !
Want your own scrolling announcement? Buy one! GO HERE FOR MORE INFO
No Signature? No Avatar? Get one now!! CLICKER HERE!!! Free Signature & Avatar for the first 5 Customers!!!

+3
Nance
Terminar777
Hazou
7 posters

Twilight

Hazou
    Hazou
    13th Division Captain
    13th Division Captain

BD-cash : 6827

Twilight Empty Twilight

Post by Hazou Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:11 pm

Okay honey I have to break the news to you lightly.
    Twilight stinks, it reminds me of people wanting to be ghetto or emo....it just gives them an identity to be cool.
    All Twilight is a fad.
    There was no plot in it, everyone was so happy and they smelled of roses.
    It just fed into a girls fantasy and a gays guy dream.

I heard a lot of people say it was good, but when I read it and finished all the way through I was disappointed.
    I really dislike the book, but I feel I should everyones opinions on it. My reasons are clear:
    What social conflict does this girl have for dating a vampire?
    Is she hated for it?
    Is it kept secret and she loses friends?
    Or does her life improve and his goes downhill?
    None of these. Nothing happens to anyone or their friends.
    This is like a book made to make you feel good, its a book written to play off a girls fantasy of the perfect boy.
    What is this nonsense about eating wild animals instead of humans?
    Um, vampires suck blood...that is what a vampire is, vampires prey on humans, vampires like human blood.
    Twlights problem its simple, not to complex plot...makes its complicated and complex in every way.
    But what are your thoughts on it? What did you like and what did you dislike?
    Why is it so popular?

My Solution to Twilight is simple:

Twilight Blade_II_movie
    Terminar777
    Terminar777
    9th Division
    9th Division

BD-cash : 6630

Twilight Empty Re: Twilight

Post by Terminar777 Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:20 pm

I never touched the series, but it is way too hyped over... It's annoying... Vampires in general my me twitch in anger... I can't go to any bookstore or most public places without some girl saying, "I love vampires/Twilight!!" It's saddening... Once something new comes along, Twilight will be a thing of the past... Much like you said Hazou, it's just a fad...
    Nance
    Nance
    8th Division
    8th Division

BD-cash : 80347

Post by Nance Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:11 pm

LOL. Twilight is super overrated!!

The story is full of fancy shmancy and the movie just sucked.

But I still like it!! hell yeah!! XD

It's a Mary Sue fanfic for girls.

Hazou wrote:
    This is like a book made to make you feel good, its a book written to play off a girls fantasy of the perfect boy.

I think that's the sole purpose of twilight. It's not really centered about vampires. It's about love.. not really love but more like physical attraction. I didn't get why they love each other in the first place :/
    Hinamori44
    Hinamori44
    10th Division
    10th Division

BD-cash : 220419

Post by Hinamori44 Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:54 pm

haha nice thread! lol your opinion rocks!...

But I´m Twilight fan...I´ve read two of these books, and I liked it....the idea is awesome. I love all the movies about vampires, but book was better than movie... After all, I prefer books about vampires whose are more...scary? yes, scary XD
    Hazou
    Hazou
    13th Division Captain
    13th Division Captain

Post by Hazou Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:36 pm

Can I tell you I'm surprised right now. :shock:
    I wasn't expecting these kinds of answers, usually I start Twilight wars and a flood of what I suppose are girls start thrashing me and telling why Twilight is the greatest.
    Then I usually get your Blade reference in Twilight is not acceptable.
    And I'm like jeez what.
    I think girls are a little over protective of Twilight.
    Hazou
    Hazou
    13th Division Captain
    13th Division Captain

Post by Hazou Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:38 pm

Hinamori44 wrote:haha nice thread! lol your opinion rocks!...

But I´m Twilight fan...I´ve read two of these books, and I liked it....the idea is awesome. I love all the movies about vampires, but book was better than movie... After all, I prefer books about vampires whose are more...scary? yes, scary XD

If you are trying to say the vampires in Twilight were scary.
    You make me sad.
    The vampires in twilight were wussy, sissies.
    And they glowed in the sun, wtf! They aren't glitter.
    They are suppose to burn into a crisp.
    Underworld and Blade vampires could kick Twilight vampires butt any time.
    Hinamori44
    Hinamori44
    10th Division
    10th Division

BD-cash : 220419

Post by Hinamori44 Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:44 pm

No, I´m trying to say that the vampires in Twilight were too sweet/kind/unscary XD....
    sorry for misunderstanding...and Underworld! haha I love it!...
    Hazou
    Hazou
    13th Division Captain
    13th Division Captain

Post by Hazou Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:45 pm

Hinamori44 wrote:No, I´m trying to say that the vampires in Twilight were too sweet/kind/unscary XD....
    sorry for misunderstanding...and Underworld! haha I love it!...

They were pretty boys.
    And oh cause I love this girl I won't drink her blood.
    And girls say that is sweet.
    Um...no that isn't.
    JennyReika
    JennyReika
    Empowered soul

BD-cash : 192498

Post by JennyReika Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:19 am

Okay, well, I will be first to say that I didnt want to read Twilight when it was referred to me, basically because I knew it was all hyped up and I dont like to read things when they become really popular...

But, the lady who referred it to me was in her 40's, and she told me that it was 600 pages, so I figured, even if I didnt like it, I could kill time at work reading a 600 page book.

After reading Twilight, I have to admit, I was hooked on it.

I will tell you why.
    The stuff about being a regular teenager... I think we all feel that way when we go to school. Some of us can identify with being the type that doesnt want to be the center of attention... so, what can you do to keep OUT of the spotlight?... why, date the hottest guy in the school who happens to be a vampire, of course!...

You said there were no conflicts, but of course there are... the other Vampire accepting Bella... Rosalie, James Coven, the Volturi, the wolves... not to mention the small conflicts that Bella, Edward, & Jacob go through...
    (of course I am talking about all the books)

When it comes down to it... It is basically a book for young adults... a Vampire story with a twist.

I mean, Ive read lots of novels about vampires... and theyre all the same... Anne Rice, Dracula... Blood suckers who seem to be heartless at times, and just go around killing ppl... well, it kinda gets overplayed... I can say, at least the Cullens were different kinds of Vampires. Stephenie Meyer gave her own twist, even joking about the garlic thing, and making them not be able to go in the sunlight for other reasons other than turning to dust.

It was nice to read something out of the ordinary from the Vampires that are legendary, and over used.

BTW, I love Blade. Not the second one, it was lame, and definitely not the 3rd one, I dont care how hot Ryan Reynolds is... Blade Trinity stunk.

I will stick with the first Blade with the ultra smexy Stephen Dorff as Deacon Frost.
    *drool*

Oh, and the Twilight movie wasnt even half as good as the book. The movie, for me, would have completely sucked had I not read the books and already knew the characters. So I felt like I knew them going into the movie... which made a difference for me. If I would have made it... or say, someone like Tim Burton would have made it, it would have been a million times better, I think it should have been darker... hopefully, New Moon will be better, I think they got a different director.
    Hazou
    Hazou
    13th Division Captain
    13th Division Captain

Post by Hazou Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:24 am

Ah no no no no no.
    Dracula and the other vampires weren't heartless.
    If they are heartless, then we humans are heartless.
    We kill cows, and other animals to survive.
    To a vampire humans are cows, they need to survive.
    And even so Dracula, he was still attractive and he had a way woman...he wasn't heartless.
    There was something more Dracula then being cruel and heartless.
    There was more to Dracula, I've read the original and fell in love with Dracula.

And see that is what Twilight suffer from.
    Itty bitty little conflicts.
    And I want more.
    I found myself making Twilight a turn pager because I wanted to see if something would happen.
    600 pages and there should be something happening.
    I felt like time stood still in that book.
    I wanted to kill the main character and nearly half of the vampires in that book.
    JennyReika
    JennyReika
    Empowered soul

Post by JennyReika Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:18 am

Twilight is not a book for someone looking for insanity in the world of teenagers...

You have to know what youre getting into before you read it... I mean, even though I am a person who loves Twilight, I knew it wasnt going to be one of those crazy Vampire books...

The Cullens are different, and you know that, and you know its a Romance. The thing is, it isnt a lame "Danielle Steele" Romance Novel. Its actually a Romance with a twists, and plots, and subtle twists and turns here and there.

Its mostly about Bella's ability to cope with these new things going on around her... its for young girls who always wished they could have a different kind of romance, instead of the boring hum-drum every day.

BTW, I do think that humans are heartless, just as a side note... I think most humans are inhumane, and do things extremely cruel.

Vampires since the beginning have been based around the same thing... They lure ppl in, they suck their blood, they sleep in coffins, they garlic, crucifixes, holy water and they cant get shot with or touch silver, they get a stake through the heart, they cant go out in the sun cause they turn to dust, etc... its vampire stereotypes.

Although its not your "normal" vampire in Twilight, I do give Stephenie Meyer a lot of credit for going a way from the "norm" after hundreds of years of Vampires being pegged the same way.
    Hazou
    Hazou
    13th Division Captain
    13th Division Captain

Post by Hazou Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:59 am

JennyReika wrote:

Vampires since the beginning have been based around the same thing... They lure ppl in, they suck their blood, they sleep in coffins, they garlic, crucifixes, holy water and they cant get shot with or touch silver, they get a stake through the heart, they cant go out in the sun cause they turn to dust, etc... its vampire stereotypes.

Actually no.
    That is a common misconception.
    This is kind of the growth of vampires, at first they were just savages in mid-evil times a lot of vampires didn't have the lust or sex appeal that most vampires do have in the modern era, then Dracula came along and turned the vampires into more beings with consciousness, and now in modern era they a just lusty sexy vampires or they are teenagers trying to be human. And sadly that is what Twilight is.
    Teenagers, sexy teenagers, who are trying to be human.
    There is nothing new about her story.

And only now in modern era are vampires being killed by silver bullets.

And she could have better ideas.
    I don't hate her for her ideas, her ideas are good, but vampires glowing in the sun.
    Are they solar panels?
    JennyReika
    JennyReika
    Empowered soul

Post by JennyReika Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:08 am

You obviously didnt get the point of why their skin is like that...

Their skin sparkles because their skin is turned hard... and the hardest substance known to man?...

Diamonds.

Their skin is like millions of hard diamonds, covering their body...
    Which is why their skin cant be cut.

The point is, pretty much all vampires are in the same molding... and Stephenie Meyers go against it.

They wont burn up in the sun, they can eat garlic, silver doesnt bother them, they have a crucifix in their house, they believe in God, they dont suck human blood, they dont look down on humans like theyre superior, they they dont sleep in coffins (heck, they dont even sleep)...

Actually, to me, if Vampires did exist, the Cullens are more realistic to me than previous Vampires.

Vampires are considered monsters in other novels... even ones that had hearts, like Louis. He still got used to killing humans... (as well as some of the Vampires in Twilight) but instead, they are Vampires who want to be accepted, not discovered, and keep peace to co-exist.
    Haji Yukimura
    Haji Yukimura
    Empowered soul

BD-cash : 47174

Post by Haji Yukimura Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:10 am

Hazou has a valid point here;

Vampires are an ever evolving mythical creature.

Then of course it also depends on which origin of the myth you choose.

Vampires of Eastern Europe where much different than those of western Europe.

Even seperate myths exist in asia, north america and the middle east.

The idea of lust and sexuality in vampires orginates from a combination of two places;
    First around 1400 or 1500 France, and then later brought into it's maodern incarnation by Bram Stoker, the "Mad Irishman" ..lol

But in all truthfullness the modern romanticized ideal of the vampire is relatively new in terms of the existence of the myth itself.

In fact, some of the earliest Eastern European myths have Vampires include water, not just a holy water but water itself, as a method by which to defend oneself and even kill a vampire.

You must always keep in mind that the modern version of the creature is based primarily off of Stoker's version, which, as he described in his own words, is a creature born of many myths rolled into one.

Now as for Twilight, I have neither seen the movie or read the books, so I have no thoughts one way or the other on it.

I am simply pointing out that in the origins of these creatures, they where neither romantic nor beautiful, they were the walking dead, needing to feed on the life of living things.

Oh and just for the record, Incubus and succubus creatures, as well as other life essence draining creatures, where originally thought of as vampires before modern times.

Basically in earliest terms, vampires where any creature that drained life from living things, be it energy, blood or what have you.

Haji
    Hazou
    Hazou
    13th Division Captain
    13th Division Captain

Post by Hazou Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:16 am

JennyReika wrote:You obviously didnt get the point of why their skin is like that...

Their skin sparkles because their skin is turned hard... and the hardest substance known to man?...

Diamonds.

Their skin is like millions of hard diamonds, covering their body...
    Which is why their skin cant be cut.

The point is, pretty much all vampires are in the same molding... and Stephenie Meyers go against it.

They wont burn up in the sun, they can eat garlic, silver doesnt bother them, they have a crucifix in their house, they believe in God, they dont suck human blood, they dont look down on humans like theyre superior, they they dont sleep in coffins (heck, they dont even sleep)...

Actually, to me, if Vampires did exist, the Cullens are more realistic to me than previous Vampires.

Vampires are considered monsters in other novels... even ones that had hearts, like Louis. He still got used to killing humans... (as well as some of the Vampires in Twilight) but instead, they are Vampires who want to be accepted, not discovered, and keep peace to co-exist.

And you don't think stories like that don't exist.
    There are plenty of books that have vampires that want to become human or not be the monsters they want to be.
    That isn't new.
    And a lot of the vampires in those kind of books are teenagers.
    JennyReika
    JennyReika
    Empowered soul

Post by JennyReika Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:23 am

Wow, you completely skipped over Haji's post...

Hmm... I am not saying its never been done before, in fact, nothing is original anymore... nothing.

Everything has been done, thats why movies stink.

The point is, she has made it popular.

I am more into books that are weird, but not really supernatural.

I know there is some book about teen vampires... but they spell it vampyres... and they get like a mark, i think its called Marked, actually.

However, those vampires are VERY different from the Cullens... VERY different, and they do usually go along the same lines, like... sun = dust, holy water = burns, crucifix = ouch, human blood = food, garlic = bad smell, stake through heart = death, coffin = sleep...

These are all things that Meyer did not go with... and (believe it or not) I have read a great many books... and almost ALL of the Vampire books I have read revolve around most of these things.
    Hazou
    Hazou
    13th Division Captain
    13th Division Captain

Post by Hazou Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:28 am

JennyReika wrote:Wow, you completely skipped over Haji's post...

Hmm... I am not saying its never been done before, in fact, nothing is original anymore... nothing.

Everything has been done, thats why movies stink.

The point is, she has made it popular.

I am more into books that are weird, but not really supernatural.

I know there is some book about teen vampires... but they spell it vampyres... and they get like a mark, i think its called Marked, actually.

However, those vampires are VERY different from the Cullens... VERY different, and they do usually go along the same lines, like... sun = dust, holy water = burns, crucifix = ouch, human blood = food, garlic = bad smell, stake through heart = death, coffin = sleep...

These are all things that Meyer did not go with... and (believe it or not) I have read a great many books... and almost ALL of the Vampire books I have read revolve around most of these things.

I didn't skip over Haji's post.
    I agree with him and already know that information.
    Did a vampire research paper.

Yes, but the thing is she had great ideas not a great story.
    It was poorly written, it really was written for kids.
    As I said before such trivial and minor conflict that I didn't give a hoot about.
    I absolutely hated the characters, just wanted burn them, burn them away.
    JennyReika
    JennyReika
    Empowered soul

Post by JennyReika Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:36 am

Okay, then why start a post about it??

Hmm, kinda silly, I mean, by all means, you have the right to your opinion, but, you shouldnt post a thread just because you hate it, or want to burn the characters, when I dont like something, I usually dont start conversations about it so I can think about it, in fact, I wouldnt want to think about it at all. If I were you I would post my opinion in a current thread if I hated it, but not start the thread myself.

The point is, it depends on you, this DEFINITELY WASNT WRITTEN FOR KIDS!!!
    and it drives me crazy when ppl say that.

It has sex in it, and Stephenie Meyer uses words and situations that most CHILDREN could not relate to. My best friends 12 year old sister didnt understand the whole book at all.

Given, Meyer is NOT Anne Rice, and thank HEAVEN, because Anne Rice became a has been Vampire novelist after awhile, mainly writing books just to write them and get them done, living off her name.

BUT, Rice was also going for a different kind of Vampire life, based around mostly suspense and horror... While Meyer isnt going for horror at all, she is going for drama, and new age romance.

Meyer used many words and phrases that the average teenager wouldnt know, and would have to look up... I even had to explain the meanings of many words to my best friend who is 23.

This is not a book for kids, but it is a book for I'd say young adults, and ppl who are more interested in a supernatural romance, than a deep suspense thriller.
    Hazou
    Hazou
    13th Division Captain
    13th Division Captain

Post by Hazou Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:41 am

For me Dracula was a romance.
    There certainly was a deep connection with Dracula.
    He wasn't just a monster.
    And I think that is another problem.
    Many people classify a vampire as a monster.
    And they aren't.
    JennyReika
    JennyReika
    Empowered soul

Post by JennyReika Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:49 am

It depends on the Vampire, and no, I dont think as Vampires as monsters... at all. In fact, I dont think of anything as monsters, bigfoot, aliens...

The thing is, Meyer just went a different way with her Vampires, and they are different, even from other teenage vampires... hers are essentially different, although, not original completely.

I, even though I am not a fan of Anne Rice, found myself loving many of her characters. In the book and the movie. I absolutely loved Lestat... until the whole "Queen of the Damned" crap... but I was intrigued by Lestat, absolutely adored him... and HE was an evil vampire, but I still loved him, and I could identify with Louis' plight.

I dont see them, not even Dracula, as monsters, nor Nosferatu.

They are beings that need to survive, and they do what they find acceptable and plausible for their lives, or lack thereof.

Anyways, I am just saying, dont judge Twilight too harshly because it wasnt your cup of tea.

I am used to reading things like Dean Koontz, John Saul, Stephen King, and VC Andrews...

This was kind of a new venture for me, and I am not disappointed that I read it, nor let down. Although the last book left something to be desired, I believe that it was still well written.
    Hazou
    Hazou
    13th Division Captain
    13th Division Captain

Post by Hazou Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:52 am

I was disappointed.
    I was expecting more.
    And I love Interview with a Vampire....ah that was delicious.
    I think Interview with a Vampire is what really gets you to understand what it is like to be a vampire.
    And even her vampires were different in some ways, they were similar as well.
    JennyReika
    JennyReika
    Empowered soul

Post by JennyReika Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:01 am

Yeah, in the beginning they went with the basic life of a Vampire... I also loved Interview with the Vampire, and also, I had to have it recommended to me, as I wasnt used to reading things like that.

I definitely liked it, and I loved The Vampire Lestat. However, Queen of the Damned bummed me out totally.

Interview with the Vampire is great because I love how Louis tells of how he became, and how it was for him, how hard it was... Actually, I tend to think as many of the Cullens being like Louis in the beginning.

I imagine Carlisle being a lot like Louis, wanting to help others, and not wanting to be what he was, denying it... as well as Edward.

I also can picture Jasper being like that, as he is trying to control himself, and keep himself from hurting ppl, feeding off animals, the way Louis fed himself on rats and other small animals.

So, I can see how the Cullens are actually a side of what Louis could have turned out like, would he have not given into what he was and just accepted it, he could have been a Cullen.

Therefore, I understand that this is a sugar coated Vampire story... But, it is for a reason that more they want to focus on not the hardships of a Vampire, but the hardships of loving someone who is not a Vampire, and just a regular teenage girl beyond her years, while you are immortal and want that person to be your mate...

Its for romantics... romantics who want something out of the ordinary, and something spectacular. A love that transcends and goes beyond.
    Hazou
    Hazou
    13th Division Captain
    13th Division Captain

Post by Hazou Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:05 am

But you can get a love that transcends beyond with any other romance story.
    There are so many fantastical romances that transcend beyond time.
    So to say Twilight is any different cause it has vampire in it, doesn't really say much.
    JennyReika
    JennyReika
    Empowered soul

Post by JennyReika Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:12 am

As I said, its not really different, it depends on the person, nothing is different, nothing is original.

Twilight is one womans take on a love story between a 100 year old debonair, beautiful vampire, and a clumsy, somewhat nerdy, average looking teenager girl.

Yes, its not exactly ultra original, but along with everything taken into consideration.

The way the Vampires live, their differentiation from previous ones, along with the fact that a normal girl is telling the story NOT the vampire... and its not from a 3rd person POV... is all a pretty good mesh.

Trust me, there are many girls that would adore that kind of romance... and no, its not like other Romances..

I've read some Danielle Steele's (makes Mr. Yuck face) that have been recommended to me... and they are NOTHING like Twilight. You couldnt throw a Vampire in there and it would be Twilight.

The fact with the Volturi, James coven, and the werewolves changes the whole deal.

Its a supernatural romance.

And I guarantee if all those books were written from Edwards POV or Carlisles, and perhaps started at their beginning of existence, they probably would have been completely different stories...

But remember, theyre being told by a 17 year old human high school girl.
    Hazou
    Hazou
    13th Division Captain
    13th Division Captain

Post by Hazou Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:17 am

But take it out of it's extra supernatural genre.
    The extra genre may you say.
    And you realize it's the same romance story over and over and over again.
    There was nothing new about it other then her vampire twist.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:29 pm