Bleach Dynasty RPG Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bored? Want to RP? Come visit TREASURE TOWN !
Want your own scrolling announcement? Buy one! GO HERE FOR MORE INFO
No Signature? No Avatar? Get one now!! CLICKER HERE!!! Free Signature & Avatar for the first 5 Customers!!!

Mission 0 (Lessons live on)

Zatoichi
    Zatoichi
    12th Division Captain
    12th Division Captain

ADMIN
    BD-cash : 10942

Mission 0 (Lessons live on) Empty Mission 0 (Lessons live on)

Post by Zatoichi Thu May 05, 2011 3:27 pm

Title: Lessons, Part 1

Italicized red comments: Zatoichi's thoughts

bold comments: Letters and messages

Sanshibo is a npc of mine (a 20th seat officer of squad seven)
    Asanki (NPC) a former x captain turned Instructor from generations before whom returns to teach Zatoichi from time to time.

(the hado spells were merely used as a way of showcasing a learning faze for this particular lesson as they will not be used outside of anything really)

Inside the office of the Captain, seventh Division, a man could be seen bent over a wooden desk… Martinez was working late into the night reading reports that the members of seventh had been accumulating. He had been away on a mission when he received word that he was now Captain of the seventh—finally the title to go with the position… there would be no time to relax though, as he pieced together the injuries dealt Soul Society by the former Vice captain officer Raven before he escaped to Hueco Mundo…

“The sword of honor is swinging towards you,” Martinez mused to himself, unaware of the time.“When I find out where you are and your new rank—assure that the sword of honor will sever your head from your body.”

As he continued filing over reports, his sketches were taking on a profound shape—that of the desert landscape, Hueco Mundo… and in its heart the palace Las Noches. Three had gone over, Asanki had returned… while the other two were traitors in the eyes of the law of Soul Society.

At quarter past three, a hell butterfly appeared in front of him.

Captain Zatoichi Martinez, I request your immediate appearance at the Soukyouku as soon as possible… Asanki.

“Of course,” Martinez answered. “I’ll be right there.” He stood and made his way to the roof top of the seventh’s Headquarters and then flash-stepped to the execution grounds.

As Martinez arrived, he saw Asanki standing before the pillars. The two bowed their head in silent greeting, while the night hung still and quiet.

“I commend you on the job you performed in Egypt,” Asanki said quietly. “And as well as in obtaining the orb of rupture… we are going to finish your training as there are three remaining Hadou to be learned… we go from here to the forbidden forest.”

With that, the seventh captain Zatoichi Martinez and former x captain now highly personal instructor to various high spirited shinigami officers; Asanki Rai were off in a flash—insects all the noise that was left in their wake.

Deep in the heart of the forest, they came to a stop. Taking two items from his kimono, Asanki handed the band to Martinez…

“Tie this on, close your eyes and listen… Let your reiatsu control go,” Asanki said. “I made sure that the Shadow Demons won’t show up for this exercise…”

Martinez let a smile pass over his lips as he tied the blindfold on. He was silently moving through the nine-fingers weaving, listening to the tone of Asanki’s voice as much as the actual words…

“Begin by concentrating your reiatsu in the palm of your right hand,” Asanki said. “And visualize a light growing there—a single color…” he broke off as what appeared to be a red flame was shimmering in Zatoichi’s palm. Snapping the other piece—a specially measured piece of hollow bait—Asanki said… “Now there are no incantations or kotodamas for this… when you feel the presence of a hollow within range, say the words ‘Hadou #75: Sanjigen Reikon Haretsu: Teishoku—this is the 3 Dimension Soul Rupture: one color’, and then hit the hollow with it…”

Zatoichi nodded quietly as he waited, the words cycling around in his head… the red flame started growing in intensity as the two waited in silence…

“Awoooooo,” came the blood-curdling howl of a medium level hollow. The two waited silently as the hollow came towards them, unsuspecting of the trap that lay in wait for it… Zatoichi felt its reiatsu stop about twenty meters away, its hunger quelled by the light of the red flame dancing in the night. It advanced another three meters curiosity raging with fear as it felt the enormous reiatsu in the air.

“Strike,” Asanki said simply…

“Hadou number Seventy-five,” Zatoichi said, his palm facing the hollow. “Sanjigen Reikon Haretsu: Teishoku.” The flame danced up and then encircled the hollow in a blaze of light… and then it vanished… the hollow vanished without a trace… as screams rent the air around them as though every soul that hollow had ever eaten was being tortured alive…

And then the hollow reappeared, bleeding from the attacks of the fireballs in the other dimension… it screamed, maddened and frightened with pain… Zatoichi flash-stepped; drawing, cutting, cleaning, and sheathing his zanpakuto in the same movement as the hollow began to disappear from view—having been cleansed.

“Not bad for a first time effort,” Asanki said quietly. “When you have learned it fully, you won’t ever hear them screaming…” The two continued moving on as Zatoichi thought over the spell he just learned.

“So what does it do,” he asked.

“It takes them to another dimension,” Asanki said grimly. “One void of light where they are assaulted by fireballs. Afterwards, the opponent will be returned to this world—severely weakened and on the verge of death… remember though that you cannot cast any more Kidou for the remainder of the battle.”

Zatoichi chuckled at that, as the two continued on their journey into the woods. As they moved further, Zatoichi continued with his nine-fingers weaving meditation; and then a snap…

“This time,” Asanki said quietly. “It will be the second spell… Hadou #76: Sanjigen Reikon Haretsu : Nishoku—this is Dimension Soul Rupture: 2 colors. It follows the same principle as the first—save that there are two colors instead of one…” He watched as Zatoichi fell deeper into the meditative state—the red flame from earlier growing from the palm, but now being joined by a green flame…

As the two waited, another mid-level hollow approached; but being more wary than the first—stopped further away, Zatoichi shunpo’d in its direction as he said, “Hadou #76… Sanjigen Reikon Haretsu Nishoku!” As he went past, the red and green flames rose around the hollow in a spherical cube, before disappearing…

The hollow surrounded by this field, found itself inside a dimension without sight or sound… screaming as it tried to escape, it felt icicles piercing its flesh and spirit… the screams got louder—as it felt as though it were being torn apart…

And then the hollow reappeared in this world—only to meet its end by Martinez’s Shikomizue.

“Weaker yet,” Asanki said again, as he measured Zatoichi’s reiatsu. “But for a first effort, not bad… that you’re still standing despite the low level of reiatsu I find to be impressive… but let us call it a night for now, we shall resume on the morrow…”

The two took their leave, and made their way back to the seventh Division. As Zatoichi entered the headquarters through the roof, he saw the dawn beginning to light the sky of Seireitei… Moving forward, he stopped at his room and then climbed into bed—rerunning the sequences of what he had learned through his dreams…

Zatoichi was standing in the forest as a Old man with purple hair with a white streak going through the center, and his right eye is covered by a skeletal patch laughed at him… “What are you waiting for Shinigami? A Captain should have their haori! Or maybe you want Asanki to teach you how to get your own haori?”

“I need no man to teach me how to get a haori,” Zatoichi said quietly. “What I learn was part of the deal struck—I obtain the orb of rupture, and I learn these three Hadou from Asanki. I haven’t forgotten the Haori… I will come and get it…”

The old man laughed as it faded away…

“Zatoichi-kun,” a familiar voice greeted Zatoichi as he opened his eyes to see his friend Sanshibo looking at him worriedly. “No one’s seen you all day—where were you? “Training,” Zatoichi said quietly.”

“For two seventy level Hadou spells back to back, I did pretty well… they take a lot out of you…”

“You look hung over,” Sanshibo laughed as she sat on the corner of Zatoichi’s bed. “What were you training with?”

“Asanki and a couple of new seventies level Hadou,” he replied, stretching… “I have one more night of training I think… but then I’m going to be requesting leave…”

“Where are you going now,” Sanshibo asked, trying to keep her voice calm and worry free.

“Siberia,” Zatoichi answered in return.

Part 1 ends

Zatoichi
    Zatoichi
    12th Division Captain
    12th Division Captain

ADMIN

Mission 0 (Lessons live on) Empty Re: Mission 0 (Lessons live on)

Post by Zatoichi Sat May 07, 2011 4:47 am

Title: Lessons, Part 2

Dusk had long since passed, and Zatoichi found himself standing yet once again at the Soukyouku as he waited patiently for Asanki to arrive. “Feels like it’s going to rain, Um,” Zatoichi thought to himself. The night hung heavy and humid, quiet as though all creatures were awaiting the coming storm, and staying out of sight. An electrical current hung on the air, as chain lightning flashed from cloud to cloud.

He felt Asanki’s reiatsu approaching almost within seconds of the others’ arrival.

“It is time,” Asanki’s voice spoke quietly. “This will be the third and final of the hadou I will teach you. And for this, we are going to the real world…”

A slight arch of Zatoichi’s eyebrow was all the response given, as the two set off for the northwestern Senkaimon. The two officers bowed in greeting to the Second Division gate guardian, as they passed through… and made their way to the world of the living

“Sanshibo -san informed me of a Fisher-level hollow near the town of Tyumen,” Asanki said as they stepped out of the gate-way and found themselves in the middle of a raging blizzard. “So that is where we are going to be going to fulfill this exercise… it’s been a while since you fought with one of those hollow, Zatoichi-san?”

“Hai, Asanki-sempai,” Zatoichi agreed. “I know they’re out there, but it is difficult at best to get out on some good and dirty missions with my responsibilities as they are and overseeing the smooth functioning of the Division…”

Asanki chuckled at that, as he nodded and said, “We’re there… and I think our prey decided to come to us…”

“Ah Shinigami,” the voice of the hollow echoed through the winter air. “I see you’ve come to provide me a meal worthy of my stature… there had been a journeyman Quincy here at one point, but she didn’t make much of a meal for me…” the hollow laughed.

“The incantation,” Asanki whispered sotto voice to Zatoichi. “Hadou #77: Sanjigen Reikon Haretsu: Sanshoku…” He paused and then said, “This is the Three Dimension Soul Rupture… three colors…”

But before Asanki had even finished the sentence, Zatoichi was already off on constructing the hadou…

“Aren’t you going to say anything Shinigami,” the hollow asked, taken aback by the silence of the two men.

“Zatoichi Martinez,” Zatoichi answered finally as he removed his reiatsu control—the wind from the release staggering the hollow as it shuddered from the killing intent bearing down on it—even earning Zatoichi a raised eyebrow from Asanki. “Seventh Division Captain of the Gotei 13…”

“Captain,” the hollow stammered, suddenly aware of the predicament it was in. It tried to escape, in vain—the fear of Zatoichi’s intent acting as though a pin, keeping it in one place as a red, green and blue flame dancing upon Zatoichi’s palm as he slowly moved it so that it faced the hollow…

“Hadou #77: Sanjigen Reikon Haretsu: Sanshoku,” Zatoichi said as he fired the three balls of flame at the hollow… the hollow was consumed by the ball of energy vanishing… and then it reappeared… heavily cut and damaged and panting…

“What the hell was that,” it asked…

“Nixkamich -chan,” Zatoichi said quietly. “Ayawamat; Hell blazer.” The zanpakuto vanishes and transforms drastically, as the handle extends out further beyond protruding from it, three large spikes as an overall organic and mechanical feeling cover the blade. Upon resting over the right shoulder of its owner, a condensed surge of wind and fire generate like a volcano preparing to erupt. Seconds after a beam shoots out making contact with the damaged hollow in various positions as the beam tends splits upon contact. As the explosions implode upon the demon, as the hollow vanished, Zatoichi wiped the sweat from his brow, and smiled at Asanki.

“So how did I do,” Zatoichi enquired.

“You passed with flying colors,” Asanki answered. “Good luck Zatoichi-san in your hunt. I must tend now to other business…” And with that, Zatoichi watched as Asanki re-opened the Senkaimon and disappeared from view.

“So this is where we start our hunt for the haori,” Hiro thought to himself as Nixkamich materialized in front of him.

“So why are we in this forsaken dump of an ice box,” Nixkamich asked.

“It’s a test,” Zatoichi answered. “We’re looking for clues—and apparently, Asanki let us off on the first clue that I had as to the location of my haori.”

“Ah,” Nixkamich answered as a sudden realization hit him. “So this is a challenge after all…” he chuckled as he considered the implications.

Zatoichi nodded as he made his way through the blizzard, even though he was a spirit and immune to the cold, it had a perverse way of edging itself into his psyche just from the limited visibility.

“So what do we look for first,” Nixkamich asked.

“Foot prints,” Zatoichi mused quietly… “As well as trying to find out information about an old mentor, Attachi Junon… I wonder why he had a letter from a Russian person in his house in Rukongai.”

As they walked through the hurtling snow, Zatoichi noticed a female spirit approaching him from the right. As he neared the town, he realized that their paths were going to converge.

“Good day comrade,” she said as their paths met and she fell in beside him. “What brings you to Tyumen?” Although he heard her laughing gently, her face and body were obscured by fur coats, as was her kusari inga.

“And yet, she has a considerable spirit power,” Zatoichi thought to himself. After a second’s contemplation, he said, “I’m looking for an old familiar face or at least clues to an old friend…” he pulled out the letter and handed it to the spirit. The two walked in silence for a while, as she considered the letter…

“These are names that have not seen the light of day in a very long time,” she mused. “Where did you find this?”

“In the house of an old mentor,” Zatoichi answered quietly. “A blacksmith who went by the name Attachi Junon…”

“And this was all there was,” she asked.

“That and some money,” Zatoichi thought it over. “He was never much for keeping personal things around—he was good at what he did.”

“Where did you meet this Attachi Junon,” she asked a note of suspicion in her voice.

“District 79 of the Rukongai, Soul Society,” Zatoichi answered, making a mental note of the tone-change… “he caught me stealing some bread and water, and decided to lay a different path out for me.”

The woman laughed as it triggered a memory of her own, although the words this strange man beside her were beyond her comprehension… still though, that she should encounter after so long, the words of her father in the hands of this stranger, was beyond her wildest dreams, let alone her wildest hopes. Still though, it might be best to be conservative until she knew for certain whom she was dealing with.
    Zatoichi
    Zatoichi
    12th Division Captain
    12th Division Captain

ADMIN

Post by Zatoichi Mon May 09, 2011 2:47 am

part 3

Italicized red comments: Zatoichi's thoughts

Italicized orange comments: Nixamich’s thoughts

The two spirits walked through the wall of a pub and made their way to the bar, as a couple of humans who could sense spirits opened their mouths—and then just as quickly shut them.

“So if it’s not one of the dynamic duo,” a voice came from behind Zatoichi—who kept from drawing his zanpakuto in the crowd. “And even better restraint…”

He looked over and saw Laura coming up beside him. “What are you in town for,” she asked.

“Hunting,” Zatoichi shrugged. “And you?”

“Mourning a friend ironically enough,” Laura said quietly. “I was going to kill that hollow myself—but Atermis said to let the Shinigami handle it…”

“When did you get in,” Zatoichi asked.

“About six hours before you did,” she answered, as Zatoichi made the mental calculations.

The three sat silent; as the other clients were studiously avoiding looking at Laura for fear that they might catch whatever insanity was plaguing her. After several moments, she said, “Nice running into you Zatoichi-san, I’ll see you around.” He nodded in agreement as Laura rose and departed from the bar.

“Do you know her,” the woman beside him asked incredulously. “She seemed to be able to see us?”

“She’s an acquaintance of mine,” Zatoichi answered simply. Remembering the reaction she had given when he brought up the letter, he decided to approach the subject obliquely, changing the subject from Laura. “Around here, if one was hunting after artifacts or documents—where would they go to?”

“You refer of course to the letter comrade,” she asked.

“Yes,” he answered, amused by her bluntness. “Russia is big, and the Czar is far away no?”

“It can be,” She said bemusedly. “But the Czar’s reach can be felt in strange and intangible ways. Still though, I suppose the best place to start would be the farm we grew up on.” She stood up and made to leave the bar, when Zatoichi’s hand closed over her arm and pulled them back into a darkened corner.

“Sergei, tovarische,” one man said to another as they came stamping in out of the cold. Zatoichi felt the reiatsu emanating from the one, and frowned as he listened to their conversation. “I tell you Nyet… do not go to the Windlass hills, of all the places in Siberia…”
    “Dach, Romani tovarische,” the man referred to as Sergei shot back. “I whom am one of the best tiger hunters in the world have nothing to fear of the Windlass hills… I just have never plied my trade there as there was better hunting elsewhere.”

“Not all tigers are the same,” Romani replied cautiously. “Nor are they of this world…”

“Romani Sidgkorski,” the barkeep hissed. “Stop with the rumors already. You know the town brass does not like to get wind of them… are you afraid?”

“Of men, I am not afraid,” Romani replied. “I grew up in the Volstadt gulag, son of a Gypsy father and a Jewish mother. Of the things that live in the hills, I am afraid of only a little and that after much vodka.”

Turning to face the room, Romani standing at five-foot four inches was the shortest one there. But his presence—the spiritual pressure—made them all sit up and take notice.

“How many of you have seen the one,” Romani said desperately. “The pad tracks a good foot and a half in diameter, and only after there’s a death… the tracks precede the death, and follow the death feeding on the soul I tell you…”

“He speaks the truth,” the woman next to Zatoichi whispered. “It was so when Momma died…”

I wonder which happened first, did the woman die and the tiger eat her soul, which would make it a hollow,” Zatoichi thought to himself. “Or is it a spirit guide? Like a shinigami only not… there’s something odd here.” From the way the woman was looking at him, he realized that he had been muttering under his breath. Looking around the room, Zatoichi felt that something odd was happening, though what—he wasn’t sure. The villagers appeared as though there was an undercurrent of fear running through the bar.

Taking a step backward, he pulled the woman with him through the wall.

“I think we need to be moving on to the next location,” Zatoichi said quietly but firmly. “Can you take me to where your parents lived?”

She frowned over it, and then said, “Da tovarische I will do so. Although it’s going to be a long walk to where I was born… And of course time erases all things old, so there’s no telling what will be there or not. I tread the path from house to town every night; looking into the windows, save for the bar. The last building I entered before I died.” She sighed, as the two made their way out into the dark snowy night.

Last edited by Soundz on Wed May 11, 2011 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Zatoichi
    Zatoichi
    12th Division Captain
    12th Division Captain

ADMIN

Post by Zatoichi Wed May 11, 2011 1:05 pm

As they walked, Zatoichi took in the surrounding country-side as a flash of memory hit him. Somewhere not far was the old laboratory that his old academy instructors took him and a few others on an exercise before… “Save that for latter,” he groused to himself. He noticed that the woman was falling into a trance-like state as they neared a patch of woods. Frowning, Zatoichi noticed a faint, yet noticeable reiatsu signature… and then as they grew closer to the woods, he noticed the first of the tracks.

“They weren’t kidding when they said that cat was huge,” Zatoichi thought to himself“So the hunt begins then? I wonder which one will find the other first… still though the best way to hunt an animal is to pretend you’re not actually looking for it—so this should work in our interests.”

“Do you think,” Nixkamich asked. “Do you notice the reiatsu prints around those tracks? That is no normal tiger.”

“A spiritual being then, it is agreed which only a few can see,” Zatoichi mused to himself. “This means we’re going to need to be careful around Romani and his hunter-friend, as apparently they’re sensitive and able to see ghosts. How much more than that, I’m going to have to take a look in the archives…”

“To be honest, I am not sure why I am trusting you so,” the woman said as they stood on the outskirt of what had been a dacha for a minor nobleman. The ruins of a barn and the fallen gable on the main house stood out eerily against the white of the snow. “This is where I grew up… when the people are taken to your place—this society of souls—do they always keep their living names?”

“Not always,” Zatoichi answered quietly. “The man who took me in was given his by the Shinigami—Soul Reaper—who assigned him to the district…” and as he spoke that, Zatoichi began to wonder just where he had learned that.
    “Remind me Nixkamich, when we get back, to look up a certain individual’s file…there’s something strange going on here.”

“I didn’t think there was one,”Nixkamich answered.“After Daguro Seto’s disappearance and the death of Nobunaga-Taicho… weren’t some of the files missing?”

“Hmm, this would have been back under Seto’s watch,” Zatoichi mused. “And despite the job we held, the record-keeping was shoddy and decidedly unprofessional given our responsibilities. I never was aware of the extent of it, until I became third seat; although both Haji and I had our questions over how things were run. Still, that should bear looking into.”

“Then there are others who name themselves,” Zatoichi added. “Especially in the lower districts of the Rukongai; out of curiosity, in this place… how far may you walk?”

“My travels are restricted to the root cellar, my parents’ bedroom, my room, and the kitchen,” she answered.

“The last path you took in life then,” Zatoichi looked thoughtfully. “The Inga no Kusari will not permit you to vary from that path…” and at her confused look, he said, “You have a chain protruding from your chest do you not?” At her affirmative nod, he said, “Most souls do… it is what keeps them bound while waiting for a soul reaper to perform the task of the soul burial. It will keep you bound to this place, and the last path you walked in life.”

“Do you have a chain of fate, this Inga no kusari,” she asked.

“With training and time, as well as the soul burial,” Zatoichi answered. “The chain of fate is removed. That does not mean that it cannot still impact its bearer…” as the memory of his encounter with his mother’s family still remained sharp and clear. “May I have permission to examine the site?” He laid his hand on her shoulder, getting a feel for her reiatsu. As she nodded again, he took his leave and began the investigation of the premises.
    Zatoichi
    Zatoichi
    12th Division Captain
    12th Division Captain

ADMIN

Post by Zatoichi Sun May 15, 2011 1:56 am

“First stop, the barn…” Zatoichi said quietly to himself. And then he frowned. A track of a cat with a human foot print inside of it stood just outside the barn… “This is strange, neither appears to be recent—and yet neither is worn, unless…”

“Capitan, I think we should move the horses… the people are growing restless,” the taller of the two men said as they walked past Zatoichi into the barn. A young girl was hiding behind the corner of the barn, and the shorter of the two winked at her as they passed into the barn.

“Da,” the other agreed. “But we cannot move until the kommandante says to. And so far as we know, the cat hasn’t attacked any of the villagers.”

“Yet,” the first said. “Do you think Petrovnavich will be coming out to join us?”

“From the last letter received,” Paul answered. “His duties at court are going to curtail that, which is a shame as Sarah would love to play with Ivan and Trisha. With this cat moving around though, it’s keeping us on our toes—please god that it bears no ill will towards us.”

“Do you think we’ve violated some holy spot by residing here,” the first answered.

“The priest does not think so, and yet even he is worried,” Paul replied. “And if a priest is worried, then we are in trouble.”

“Sarah,” a woman’s voice was heard calling from the house… and Zatoichi followed after her, wondering what the problem was.

“There you are darling,” Zatoichi noticed the woman on the porch as she swept the girl up in her arms. “Are you bothering the men of the troop again?”

“Not bothering momma,” the girl replied. “Was hoping Da would take me riding, it’s been too long and I miss it.”

“Your father doesn’t feel as though its safe dear,” the woman answered as they disappeared into the house.

As Zatoichi entered the house, it was draped in black, and an empty casket stood with the name Paul Ivanovich engraved on it. A man wearing a black robe and a cross stood at the end, while a woman in black stood beside him.

“And so this brave warrior of God, departs from this hellish world for one of better glory and peace,” the bearded man said quietly as the other men of the company stood quietly.

“We should hunt the beast down that killed him,” the commanding Cossack said quietly.

“We were unable to find the body, Kommandante,” one of the junior officers replied sotto voce. “All that remained of him and the adjutant, who went with him, were their boots, which we located at the valley that they had turned into…”

“The one that precedes the Windlass hills,” the Cossack Yermak Timofeyevich responded. “Almost as if some creature or man were warning us not to enter those hills; do the priests know any history of this land?”

“It is whispered that there is a shaman who knows the trails of the Windlass Hills,” the man answered. “His tongue was cut out for having spoke critically of the czar, but even he has grown to fear that valley more than any man.”

“So even the pagans now fear that valley,” Timofeyevich answered. “This man’s friend, Petrovnavich, why is he not here? I understand the distance but still for a friend, I would do it…”

“Petrovnavich was in Court,” the man answered. “And had his throat sliced while walking down the corridor. I was entrusted with two letters to send to him, should something happen to Paul as the two had promises to take care of the others’ family in the event of their death.”

“And now God has seen fit to see that neither shall hold the promises made to the other,” the Cossack made a soft clucking sound in the back of his throat. “When did these tracks first appear near the village?”

“About three months ago,” the man answered. “Tigers are known to haunt this area…”

“But none as large as this,” Yermak said shortly. “This is turning into a bad business as my job to ensure this settlement is permitted to grow. Anything that can cause fear is not good as fear can breed discontent. With discontent, I must turn the iron hand of the Czar upon the citizenry who volunteered for this journey.”

“Da tovarische,” the man answered. “I understand your dilemma, but if this is the hand of God, what can we mortals do, when even the pagan are in fear?"

Zatoichi watched as the vision faded, and then began making his way up to the house. Suddenly he turned, feeling the eyes of a predator upon him. Looking around, he saw nothing, and yet the prickling feeling on the back of his neck—as though someone were holding a katana over it waiting for the strike—would not go away.

“So now the hunter has become the hunted,” Zatoichi said quietly as Nixkamich materialized beside of him. “This is going to make for an interesting trip Nixkamich.”

“Yup, it is that, Zatoichi,” he replied. “I can feel it looking at us as we speak. Whatever made it come out of its valley, it seems to have seen fit to terrorize this area for over five hundred years as the mortals count it…”

“Sir,” he heard the woman’s voice calling from the house. “Are you going to come in?” Looking at Nixkamich, he looked at her as though asking,
    “Are you going to come too?”

“I’ll look around Zatoichi, there might be something I can find,” she replied. “Don’t worry, I’ll know where to find you should I need assistance…” She turned away and began working out along the edge of the barn…

Nodding his head in acceptance, Zatoichi turned and made his way into the house.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:44 pm