Bleach Dynasty RPG Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bored? Want to RP? Come visit TREASURE TOWN !
Want your own scrolling announcement? Buy one! GO HERE FOR MORE INFO
No Signature? No Avatar? Get one now!! CLICKER HERE!!! Free Signature & Avatar for the first 5 Customers!!!

A Turn Back Of Time

Zatoichi
    Zatoichi
    12th Division Captain
    12th Division Captain

ADMIN
    BD-cash : 10942

A Turn Back Of Time Empty A Turn Back Of Time

Post by Zatoichi Sun May 22, 2011 3:16 am

Prelude

The quiet of the alleyway was suddenly broken. “Help” the scared woman screamed, “Somebody help!”

“No One can hear you, and no one would care anyhow.” Laughed a squinty eyed man; one of the four men that now surrounded her. “What do you say, boys? Should we help her?” Laughing to themselves, they converged on the helpless woman. Suddenly, one of the men tripped and fell. “Wha…?” He grunted in pain as he collapsed. The three remaining men turned their victim to see this disturbance. A shadow at the mouth of the alley came forth. “What? Who are you?”

“MY name is Zatoichi.”

“Well Zatoichi, prepare to meet your death!” laughed the first man. The closest charged forward towards Zatoichi, who stood still waiting and ready. As he reached Zatoichi ducked under the expected swing and jumped forward, ramming his shoulder into the other’s gut. “Oooff…” the man grunted, clearly winded as he hurtled backwards.

“Oh, you are gonna get it now!” squinty screamed. Both the remaining men charged at the same time. Zatoichi crouched, anticipating the other’s move sets. Squinty leapt forward with a flying kick while the other came in low, arms swinging. At the last possible second he jumped back, one kick hitting squinty on the temple upon knocking him out cold while the second just missed the final remaining thug’s nose. Squinty hit the ground and crumbled in a heap. The final thug stopped, visibly shaken, staring at the man who had defeated three of his comrades in such a short time.

“Now, today is your lucky day.” Zatoichi spoke quietly, “If you leave now, you make go. Otherwise you will end up like them” The man bolted past him in fear and disappeared out of the alley, but Zatoichi’s attention was now fully on the woman.

Act 1 [pages of history]

“Are you ok?” The woman stared in shock at the three men that attacked her, now sprawled on the ground in various states of incapacitation. Such speed, such deadly accuracy! Whimpering, she turned her gaze to the newcomer, still a silhouette at the entrance of the alley. With a cry of fear she drew backwards, trying to put distance between them. “Are you hurt? Did they injure you?”
    “Stay away!” she shrieked, clawing at the ground as to cover herself in a layer of protective stone. “It’s over now, you’re safe.” The man said softly. At the sound, she stopped, “Wh…who are you?” No one of consequence, I was passing by and heard a woman shouting.” His quiet voice seemed to have soothing effect on the woman; her wide brillian green eye’s slowly losing their fear. “I am unhurt.” She said dully” Those men…”

Staring around her, she finally whispered “It’s over?” a sob escaped, followed by another and another. After a while, she regained her composure and said, “Thank you, you saved my life. Who knows what would have happened hadn’t you come by.” Turning, she kicked one of the thugs, who groaned. “Tell me, what is your name?” She asked the man. “My name…isn’t that important.” The man said noncommittally, “The fact that you’re safe is important.”

“Please, I must know.” Her voice quivered, “If I don’t know, then all this, the attack and your rescue, will have meant nothing!”The man looked at her for a while before answering. “My name is Zatoichi.”

“Zatoichi” she nodded to herself. “I will remember. Is thre anything I can do for you Zatoichi-san?” Zatoichi shook his head, “No, saving you is enough. Do you need any help walking home?” She paused, “No, I think…I will be ok. I owe you a debt of gratitude for what you have done for me. It will not be forgotten. Thank you again.”

With that, she bowed low and walked out of the alleyway. Zatoichi nodded absently as she went past. His eyes followed her as she disappeared into the afternoon lil streets of Rukongai. He froze as he noticed a young man in a black robe staring at him. Slowly the man walked over to him. There was something about him…Short, athletic build, dark red spiky hair, silver eyes, no it went beyond the physical. A presence, almost a visible aura surrounded him. Who is he? Zatoichi wondered to himself. More importantly, why is he interested in me?

Act II[ Something beyond the Horizon]

The man looked to be in his early twenties, although time didn’t mean so much in this place. His jet black robes hung down to his ankles and he had what looked to be a sheathed katana girded around his waist. As he walked towards Zatoichi, his hand started drifting slowly towards the handle of his sword. “You there!” he called out, “I would speak with you!” Zatoichi slowly lowered into a ready stance and waited. Does he want to fight me? However the man’s next words shattered the tension. “You saved that woman from certain unpleasantries if not death. For no reward, you risked your life. Why would you do that?”

Zatoichi reflected for a moment. I dislike the strong hurting the helpless. I would have done the same for anyone.” As he spoke, a flicker of a dark radiant aura flashed around him for a split second and was gone. The man paused. He took on four men, unarmed and got through without a scratch. There’s not much better that I could have done myself. I wonder… “You seem to be an interesting fellow, what’s your name?”

Zatoichi…Martinez Zatoichi.”

“Well Zatoichi-san, walk with me a while.” And with that he started walking down the street. Zatoichi stared after him before catching up. “Who are you?” he asked. “My name is Nakamura Shun, I am unseated shinigami of the gotei.” The man replied. Zatoichi grunted. “Shinigami. So what brings you to Rukongai?”

“I was ordered on patrol. Nothing major, just searced for ruffians and deal with them, it’s actually been a fairly slow day. I’d just been wandering around until I noticed you. My partner has been down at the local inn for most of the day, we’ve been taking it in shifts rather than wander around.”

Shun paused, as if waiting for an answer. When it appeared that Zatoichi wasn’t going to speak, he continued, “So…is this what you expected after death?”

To be honest, I really didn’t care. I’ve always known that it wasn’t as straight forward as heaven and hell. I’ve always been able to sense presences. Never saw them though.”

They turned right, down a narrow street. Shun spoke, “From the sound of things, it seems as though you have the potential to become a Shinigami. Maybe you should apply for entrance to the academy. The whole ideology of the Shinigami is to gain strength to defend the weak from evil.”

Zatoichi pondered his words without saying anything. As they neared the local inn; Shun shrugged, “Well it’s something to think about anyways. The doors are always open to new recruits. I will say goodbye now, as my shift is up. It’s been fun.” With that he disappeared in the murky throng of people within the inn.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:07 pm