Bleach Dynasty RPG Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bored? Want to RP? Come visit TREASURE TOWN !
Want your own scrolling announcement? Buy one! GO HERE FOR MORE INFO
No Signature? No Avatar? Get one now!! CLICKER HERE!!! Free Signature & Avatar for the first 5 Customers!!!

times do professional writers edit?

RahimBhai
    Soul

BD-cash : 5223

times do professional writers edit? Empty times do professional writers edit?

Post by RahimBhai Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:31 pm

I never stop editing my work. I can't help but check over the previous days work before I start .... and always edit.

I then edit NUMEROUS times when the work is complete. I really can't say how many, probably five or six complete checks. I cut away all excess baggage, every word has to count otherwise it's thrown out. I check grammar, spelling and consistency of names and words. I make sure all loose ends are tied up, make sure any changes have been smoothly incorporated.

On the day my last novel was to be handed over to the publisher, I changed the first three pages - PANIC!!!

I edited and changed the end pages even whilst the publisher's editor was checking.

Editing is an ongoing process, it's what moves a story from the realms of amateur scribblings into that of a professional. Polishing your work is vital to make it acceptable to a reader. Hone, hone and hone again. Make your work gleam before offering it to the public - they'll tear it to pieces if you don't.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:25 am