Bleach Dynasty RPG Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bored? Want to RP? Come visit TREASURE TOWN !
Want your own scrolling announcement? Buy one! GO HERE FOR MORE INFO
No Signature? No Avatar? Get one now!! CLICKER HERE!!! Free Signature & Avatar for the first 5 Customers!!!

2 posters

School's and their Internet Power[Debate]

Hazou
    Hazou
    13th Division Captain
    13th Division Captain

BD-cash : 6845

School's and their Internet Power[Debate] Empty School's and their Internet Power[Debate]

Post by Hazou Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:27 pm

I can't see the debate corner. Was it removed? Then I'm placing this here.
    I find it almost angering and enraging that schools block so many sites to keep a student "on tract".
    What if yahoo is how they get their mail?
    You block yahoo mail well the student now has no way of checking their e-mails at school.
    And when teachers ask, "you got my e-mail"
    Student reply, "Well yes, but the school blocks yahoo I know it's there, but I can't get to it"
    I personally don't think they should expect a student to work all day with no breaks in between. That gives me the impression you think all students are lazy or don't know how to work. We can't just come out of a 2hr class and be expected to work on something.
    We need breaks in between.
    But usually at least at my school it goes something like, "Why are you just sitting out here?"
    "Just got out of a long clas, taking a mental break"
    "Well I don't like you sitting here, why don't you go to the tutoring room?" [which implies you want us to work some more tutoring class the tutors want you to work]
    I think schools are impractical in the "real world" they say they are preparing your for real life.
    But real life doesn't work this way, you are allowed breaks, you aren't expected to work all the god freakin time.
    If your boss gave you an assesment, a test of sorts, you'll be able to use Wikipedia, a dictionary, an enclycopedia, etc.
    At school you get a test and your are expected to suddenly know everything.
    I'm at school for a reason to learn, why do you think I suddenly know everything.
    What are your guy's thoughts?
    Champola
    Champola
    Soul

BD-cash : 7152

School's and their Internet Power[Debate] Empty Re: School's and their Internet Power[Debate]

Post by Champola Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:05 am

I agree with you~I'm at school right now but it only blocks sites with words like games/cheats/sex/quiz and video streaming sites. I'm fine with how our school blocks sites,[except for quiz sites DX] because students will only abuse free internet at school. Back then, when some sites weren't blocked, I couldn't even use the internet because the computer lab is full, the students were on the lab for the whole day doing nothing important [crunchyrolling the whole day =.='] While I couldn't use the net to do some schoolwork and research. T_T

Blocking is okay but blocking yahoo mail is uncalled for!!:evil:

About the debate area. I read an announcement before that it was removed to avoid flaming and stuffs like that. ^_^

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:33 pm