Bleach Dynasty RPG Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bored? Want to RP? Come visit TREASURE TOWN !
Want your own scrolling announcement? Buy one! GO HERE FOR MORE INFO
No Signature? No Avatar? Get one now!! CLICKER HERE!!! Free Signature & Avatar for the first 5 Customers!!!

2 posters

SPAM section

SPAM section Empty SPAM section

Post by Guest Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:40 am

I don't know if I'm the only one to think like this..but I don'T think the spam section should add to our post count...all we do there is kick someone or break tehir legs or say something short and annoying about them, but it's the most active part of teh forum ><

Thats my opinion
    JennyReika
    JennyReika
    Empowered soul

BD-cash : 192497

SPAM section Empty Re: SPAM section

Post by JennyReika Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:09 am

Well, this is how I think...

Maybe at some point we can do that, but right now, post count helps us get higher on Google.

The more posting there is, the better we are on Google. The more members we will get.

Right now, we are on page 3 of Google. We were on page 9 before, and 6 before that.

Currently we have mainted page 3, but we cant seem to get any higher than page 3.

The most popular forums are on page 1. Including, you guessed it.... Its number 2 on page 1.

So, until we can get the post count up, and get us onto a higher page, so that we can see more traffic in here, and get more members to see this forum flourish, then I think we should keep it.

If spamming gets us more recognized and brings new members in, I am okay with the SPAM section for now.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:13 am

Then maybe for teh moment not counting the spam post in post contests like top of teh week, month etc.. I don'T think it's really hard to go spam 400 posts in a month..if It's needed to be considered a top poster I'll abuse that section for BD cash
    JennyReika
    JennyReika
    Empowered soul

BD-cash : 192497

Post by JennyReika Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:29 am

In a way, I agree with you... but it tends to work out though...

1. Its not like BD Cash is used for a ton of things and super important.

2. It gives ppl at least some incentive to keep posting... and they would probably post anyways.

3. All the ppl who are the top posters are usually ppl who post regularly and spend most of their time here anyways and add a good amount to their own Divisions as well, and other topics.
    (ex. Seraphim and Hinamori44 and Nance)

They both post a little bit of everywhere, and try to be helpful and friendly, spend some time every single day on the forum, and stay active in their Divisions (when they have one, for Nance... XD)

So, I really do see your point, but as of now, I think its best to probably leave it the way it is... until we get more ppl and there is a reason to change everything because ppl are purposely abusing the SPAM section JUST for post count, instead of using it as fun to do something when its boring here and nobody else is here.

Oh, and I just want to add that I believe that just because youre posting in SPAM doesnt mean you can have a low word count.

I think you should have more than 10 words in a post, no matter what section it is...
    Loli Gaga
    Loli Gaga
    Vizard
    Vizard

8th Division Oyabun
    Ocho Espada

BD-cash : 80574

Post by Loli Gaga Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:55 am

^^

the new rule states more than 8 words, we cant disable poost counts on a certaqin forum, and i have to agree with jenny about BD cash being used on nothing at all, its not that important its just for motivation really, doesnt matter where you post, whats important is that you are posting XD
    Loli Gaga
    Loli Gaga
    Vizard
    Vizard

8th Division Oyabun
    Ocho Espada

BD-cash : 80574

Post by Loli Gaga Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:57 pm

I have good news regarding the spam section, yes it would still add to our posts.

but we have a point system now so it doenst matter even if the post increase, the points wont, so yeah.

closing this now

-thread closed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:41 pm